Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Transitional eating

It is been harder to stick to a plant based diet since the cold weather hit here. Up until mid September I was buying local produce from a farmer that set up a stall nearby. I am back to my usual apples, oranges and bananas from the grocers. Meat and dairy has crept back in, not in large amounts but enough to make me think about how I am going to do this. I also seemed to be veering towards a grain and bean heavy diet and not many vegetables or fruit.

Yesterday I bought a tray of pre cut and cleaned vegetables and just having that on hand increased my vegetable intake.

I used to like mixing grains, dairy and fruit ( yogurt,  berries and raw oatmeal) and maybe just need to look at what were my staples and see if I can make them vegan.

No comments: